Tuesday, December 27, 2011

UbiWorkshop Shao Jun's Necklace

 It broke after only two days.


Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed. I wore it for two days straight  (yes even while sleeping and showering). Hitherto this morning the pendant was still properly attached. When I woke up, the pendant, due to what I presume to be me tossing and turning as I slept, resided in the back of my neck. When I took the liberty to move the pendant to my front, it simply broke.  :'(

It's hard to see, but the back of the hook is a bit crooked. I assume that's why it broke, the pendant slipped from the chain due to the empty space caused by the crookedness.


It's a lovely pendant though, but I must say it wasn't worth the $24.99 + shipping, and the shipping wasn't cheap (it never is -_-.) The shipping took 3 weeks too. 

Yes, one could say that it was really my fault that the necklace broke due to the wear-and-tear of the two days, whatever that damage toll may be, but if the cost of the necklace is equivalent, if not cheaper, than that of a sashimi dinner, which at my favorite restaurant costs exactly $24.99 (the raw fish quality is truly amazing and worth salivating at XD ),

 then I expect the quality of the necklace to be just as satisfying.

You can't purchase this necklance anymore from UbiWorkshop's website, it was limited edition and sold out. BUT, they recently launched two more Shao Jun necklaces. Same price but in different colors. Had I known they were going to create a black one I would have abstained from purchasing this green one.


Oh Well. Still wearable, no real harm done. I'm just now more reluctant to purchase items from UbiWorkshop. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernice,

    I'm sorry if asking this question offends you, it was not my intention. Here goes: are you willing to sell your Shao Jun's necklace to me? If yes, please email me and we'll smooth out the details.

    Thank you for your time.
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to include my email: febusalf (at) yahoo (dot) com

    I can't think of a better gift for my sister. But at the same time I don't want to deprive you of this necklace if it means a lot. So only contact me if you want to sell it.

    ReplyDelete